Moth GrandSLAM championship event to crown Milwaukee’s top storyteller Jan. 31 at Turner Hall
The Moth and Wisconsin Public Radio host Milwaukee’s first GrandSLAM championship Friday, Jan. 31, at 7 p.m. at Turner Hall. The show features 10 Moth StorySLAM winners from the past year, who’ll each tell a five-minute, true tale on the theme “Fish Out of Water.” Tellers will battle it out, with only words as weapons, as guest judges determine the victor. No notes, no scripts, just pure old-fashioned storytelling. Contestants include a doctor, two artists, an ex-cab driver, a ghost hunter and a wedding videographer. The Moth GrandSLAM championship is Friday, Jan. 31, from 7–10 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.) Turner Hall is located at 1034 N. 4th Street. Tickets are $20 and are available at The Pabst box office or online: http://themoth.org/events/event/milwaukee-grandslam-championship-2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- April Math Awareness Month
- Dr. Yvonne Chiu Receives Dermatology Foundation Career Development Award
- Finale Music Notation Software for Beginners
- Mount Mary University Senior Candice Block Honored at Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Conference
- Friends of Hart Park to Host River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Attend a free Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversation Family Concert
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary
- App Helps Children Accomplish Two Minutes of Brushing