Moth GrandSLAM championship event to crown Milwaukee’s top storyteller Jan. 31 at Turner Hall
The Moth and Wisconsin Public Radio host Milwaukee’s first GrandSLAM championship Friday, Jan. 31, at 7 p.m. at Turner Hall. The show features 10 Moth StorySLAM winners from the past year, who’ll each tell a five-minute, true tale on the theme “Fish Out of Water.” Tellers will battle it out, with only words as weapons, as guest judges determine the victor. No notes, no scripts, just pure old-fashioned storytelling. Contestants include a doctor, two artists, an ex-cab driver, a ghost hunter and a wedding videographer. The Moth GrandSLAM championship is Friday, Jan. 31, from 7–10 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.) Turner Hall is located at 1034 N. 4th Street. Tickets are $20 and are available at The Pabst box office or online: http://themoth.org/events/event/milwaukee-grandslam-championship-2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save Our Neighborhoods
- Froedtert Hospital Foundation Names Board Chair
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- January is Radon Action Month--Know Your Home's Radon Level
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Ann Massaro, Brookfield Native and Brookfield Central High School Graduate, Joins Ameriprise Financial
- Member Companies Provide Support to Home Improvement Show
- The Challenge of Moving from a Home you Love
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?