Joe Klein, director of design, and Nathan Wachtl, senior design consultant, with S.J. Janis Company, Inc., a full-service design/build remodeling firm in Wauwatosa, each earned their Universal Design Certified Professional (UDCP) designation from the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).
The UDCP program provides extensive knowledge in the following areas of universal design and universal remodeling:
• Universal Design Fundamentals
• Client Needs Assessments
• Construction Techniques
• Electrical Systems
• Plumbing Systems
• Exterior Universal Design Considerations
Individuals that qualify to pursue the UDCP designation have at least five years of consecutive full time experience in the remodeling industry and are employed in a residential company employing universal design principals. Klein and Wachtl completed NARI's UDCP Program in late 2013, which included attendance at multiple training sessions and passing a comprehensive exam.
Klein earned a bachelor’s degree in Architecture from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. After graduation, he worked with a structural engineering firm in Chicago before joining S.J. Janis. As director of design, he oversees the entire design process to ensure quality and satisfaction with each project.
Wachtl earned a bachelor’s degree in Architectural Studies in 2001 and a Master of Architecture degree in Architectural Studies in 2004, both from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has more than10 years of architectural design and project management experience, with a focus on client relationships and innovative design.
S.J. Janis Company, with four Certified Professionals on staff, is a member of several home improvement associations, including the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, National Kitchen & Bath Association, and the Metropolitan Builders Association.
In addition, the company is a member of GuildQuality, an independent third-party company that interviews every client about his or her remodeling experience throughout the building process and provides immediate results to the Guild member. S.J. Janis is recognized as a “Guildmaster with the Highest Distinction” by the organization and is Milwaukee’s highest rated Remodeler by Guild Quality for Customer Service.
For the 24th consecutive year, the S.J. Janis Company was a recipient of Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards from the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, the only company to be so recognized in each year of the award competition. Awards garnered in the 2012 competition were a Gold Award in the Residential Interior Over $100,000 category, and Silver Awards in the Residential Bath Over $60,000 and Residential Kitchen $80,000 - $120,000 categories.
For more information, call S. J. Janis Company at 414-259-0300 or visit www.sjjanis.com.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military