IndependenceFirst is hosting the fifth annual Stride & Glide, a family-friendly indoor/outdoor event on February 22 at the Milwaukee County Zoo, 10001 W. Blue Mound Road, Milwaukee. At Stride & Glide, participants have their choice of activities (do as many as you’d like): outdoor 5K run, wheelchair or walk (5K run and wheelchair races are chip timed), 1-mile walk/wheelchair, indoor Zumba and kids’ activities. The event supports the services and advocacy that IndependenceFirst provides for people with disabilities.
You can participate as an individual or with a team. Participants have the option to pay a fee or raise pledges to support IndependenceFirst. All participants will receive a commemorative long-sleeved t-shirt. Zoo admission and parking are included.
Registration fee: minimum pledge or contribution of $30 for adults/youth (ages 12+) before Feb. 7, 2014 ($35 after Feb. 7) or $15 for youth (ages 3-11). Kids 2 and under are free, and strollers are welcome except on the 5K course.
Saturday, February 22 Stride & Glide Schedule
7:00 Registration Begins (Register no later than 15 minutes before your first activity)
7:50 a.m. 5K Wheelchair – Chip Timed
8 a.m. 5K Run – Chip Timed
8:10 a.m. 5K Walk
8:30 a.m. 1 Mile Walk
9:00 a.m. 5K Awards
9:15 a.m. Zumba Session I
10:15 a.m. Zumba Session II
Kids Activities from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Register online by visiting www.StrideAndGlide.org and clicking on “Register.” To register by phone or e-mail, please call (414) 226-8386 V/Relay or e-mail email@example.com. Please register by February 7, 2014.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series