The Wauwatosa Veterinary Clinic, located at 2600 Wauwatosa Avenue in Wauwatosa, will be hosting a free seminar on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM, about how companion animals are benefiting from complementary therapies including Acupuncture, Physical Rehabilitation and Therapeutic Laser. The seminar is free, but registration is required by January 24.
During this seminar, pet parents will learn how acupuncture and physical therapy techniques are being used with animals of all ages to improve their overall health and mobility – especially during their senior years. By utilizing these holistic approaches to care, pets are able to experience relief from issues such as chronic pain and arthritis, as well as improved healing times from surgery and orthopedic injuries. Attendees will learn how acupuncture works to reduce pain and inflammation in the body, and supports overall wellness. Some of the techniques and exercises used in physical rehabilitation will also be demonstrated to explain how this type of therapy can improve animals’ strength, flexibility and overall mobility – increasing comfort while also reducing the risks of future injuries. Attendees will also discover how laser therapy can be combined with other treatments, including acupuncture and physical rehabilitation, to speed healing and improve overall results.
This seminar will be presented by Dr. Elaine Binor, DVM, Certified in Veterinary Acupuncture, and Amy Murphy, Certified Veterinary Technician and Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner. To sign up or get more information, call the Wauwatosa Veterinary Clinic at 414-475-5155, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.WauwatosaVet.com.
The Wauwatosa Veterinary Clinic has been providing primary veterinary care to dogs and cats since 1976, and is an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), which requires that its hospitals meet nearly 900 rigorous veterinary standards of excellence. The mission of the Wauwatosa Veterinary Clinic is to practice state-of-the-art medicine while providing comprehensive, compassionate care to each of our patients and their families. For more information, visit www.WauwatosaVet.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catholic Singles Memorial Day Picnic
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour Of Remodeled Homes Partners With The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County
- Knapp Chiropractic raises money for Safe Babies Healthy Families at third anniversary event
- FREE to the Public - Outdoor Workouts at Anytime Falls
- Lutheran Home Hires Wolkomir as Social Services Director
- Wauwatosa East's first EcoFair
- Director of NIH National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to visit MCW
- Imaging the windows to the soul: eye researchers pursue “audacious” goal
- Two Delafield Homes on 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes to Feature Three Wauwatosa Area Projects