The sixth annual Strikes for Hope Charity Bowling Tournament will be held Saturday, Jan. 18, at Classic Lanes in Menomonee Falls. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Cancer Center to benefit cancer research.
Brothers Dave and Brian Ellenbecker began planning the charity event after their mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer in 2006. She recovered, and Strikes for Hope was launched. To date, the organization has raised nearly $70,000 for cancer research at the MCW Cancer Center.
The entry fee is $10 per person, which covers three games of bowling and shoe rental, and each bowler is asked to raise a minimum of $25 in donations. Bowlers can choose to start at 11:00 a.m. or 3:00 pm. Bowlers of all ages and skill levels are welcome to participate. Prizes will be given to the team that raises the most money as well as to the best bowlers.
Classic Lanes is located at N85 W15900 Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls.
To register for the event, go to http://www.strikesforhope.com/index.php/events. Online registration ends January 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder