The sixth annual Strikes for Hope Charity Bowling Tournament will be held Saturday, Jan. 18, at Classic Lanes in Menomonee Falls. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Cancer Center to benefit cancer research.
Brothers Dave and Brian Ellenbecker began planning the charity event after their mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer in 2006. She recovered, and Strikes for Hope was launched. To date, the organization has raised nearly $70,000 for cancer research at the MCW Cancer Center.
The entry fee is $10 per person, which covers three games of bowling and shoe rental, and each bowler is asked to raise a minimum of $25 in donations. Bowlers can choose to start at 11:00 a.m. or 3:00 pm. Bowlers of all ages and skill levels are welcome to participate. Prizes will be given to the team that raises the most money as well as to the best bowlers.
Classic Lanes is located at N85 W15900 Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls.
To register for the event, go to http://www.strikesforhope.com/index.php/events. Online registration ends January 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential