Geoffrey C. Lamb, MD, professor of medicine and section chief of hospital medicine in the division of general internal medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), and associate director of the joint quality office for Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, has been awarded a Learning Health System Planning Award by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
The award will fund the development of a collaborative regional program to promote and coordinate quality improvement, research and education amongst the eight Milwaukee- area institutions that comprise the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin. Those institutions are BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, MCW, Milwaukee School of Engineering, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, and Zablocki VA Medical Center. With this award, Dr. Lamb’s team will develop an inventory of existing quality improvement resources across the eight institutions, and implement a workshop that will help bring the institutions together to promote collaborative research, cross institutional problem solving and sharing of best practices. Finally, the team will develop a plan to promote quality improvement research and education for all eight institutions.
The AAMC Learning Health System Planning Awards are granted to member institutions that identify an interest in developing system-wide improvements to enhance capacity in quality improvement research, health equity research, or research utilizing data from the institution’s electronic health record. Up to 10 institutional winners will win up to $10,000 each and receive additional travel support to participate in site to site learning and coaching opportunities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East's first EcoFair
- Director of NIH National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to visit MCW
- Imaging the windows to the soul: eye researchers pursue “audacious” goal
- Two Delafield Homes on 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes to Feature Three Wauwatosa Area Projects
- Paper Source ~ Seeking Store Manager
- A new use for older drugs to target the spread of breast cancer
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR MAY EVENT
- YOGA BENEFIT for META HOUSE
- Gymnastics Tryouts Being Held For Boys, Girls, and Tumbling & Trampoline Teams