Geoffrey C. Lamb, MD, professor of medicine and section chief of hospital medicine in the division of general internal medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), and associate director of the joint quality office for Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, has been awarded a Learning Health System Planning Award by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
The award will fund the development of a collaborative regional program to promote and coordinate quality improvement, research and education amongst the eight Milwaukee- area institutions that comprise the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin. Those institutions are BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, MCW, Milwaukee School of Engineering, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, and Zablocki VA Medical Center. With this award, Dr. Lamb’s team will develop an inventory of existing quality improvement resources across the eight institutions, and implement a workshop that will help bring the institutions together to promote collaborative research, cross institutional problem solving and sharing of best practices. Finally, the team will develop a plan to promote quality improvement research and education for all eight institutions.
The AAMC Learning Health System Planning Awards are granted to member institutions that identify an interest in developing system-wide improvements to enhance capacity in quality improvement research, health equity research, or research utilizing data from the institution’s electronic health record. Up to 10 institutional winners will win up to $10,000 each and receive additional travel support to participate in site to site learning and coaching opportunities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements