Geoffrey C. Lamb, MD, professor of medicine and section chief of hospital medicine in the division of general internal medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), and associate director of the joint quality office for Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, has been awarded a Learning Health System Planning Award by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
The award will fund the development of a collaborative regional program to promote and coordinate quality improvement, research and education amongst the eight Milwaukee- area institutions that comprise the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin. Those institutions are BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, MCW, Milwaukee School of Engineering, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, and Zablocki VA Medical Center. With this award, Dr. Lamb’s team will develop an inventory of existing quality improvement resources across the eight institutions, and implement a workshop that will help bring the institutions together to promote collaborative research, cross institutional problem solving and sharing of best practices. Finally, the team will develop a plan to promote quality improvement research and education for all eight institutions.
The AAMC Learning Health System Planning Awards are granted to member institutions that identify an interest in developing system-wide improvements to enhance capacity in quality improvement research, health equity research, or research utilizing data from the institution’s electronic health record. Up to 10 institutional winners will win up to $10,000 each and receive additional travel support to participate in site to site learning and coaching opportunities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ