Anupriya Dayal, a first year medical student at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been awarded a TYLENOL® Future Care Scholarship. The scholarship supports undergraduate and graduate students who are pursuing careers in healthcare. Winners are named TYLENOL® Future Care Scholars and receive awards of $5,000 or $10,000.
Dayal is from Fremont, Calif., and attended the University of California-Berkeley for her undergraduate work, where she double-majored in public health and molecular and cell biology, with a minor in public policy. She deferred medical school for more than a year after a major accident. Dayal is interested in an academic medical career with a mix of research, teaching, clinical duty and administrative responsibilities as well.
“I would love to be involved in health policy making, and believe my educational background, along with my personal experiences, have put me on the path to a rich and dynamic career,” Dayal said.
The TYLENOL® Future Care Scholarship recipients were selected based on leadership qualities, academic performance and community involvement. To be eligible, students must have completed at least one year of undergraduate or graduate study by the Spring of 2013 at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational/technical school.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder