Anupriya Dayal, a first year medical student at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been awarded a TYLENOL® Future Care Scholarship. The scholarship supports undergraduate and graduate students who are pursuing careers in healthcare. Winners are named TYLENOL® Future Care Scholars and receive awards of $5,000 or $10,000.
Dayal is from Fremont, Calif., and attended the University of California-Berkeley for her undergraduate work, where she double-majored in public health and molecular and cell biology, with a minor in public policy. She deferred medical school for more than a year after a major accident. Dayal is interested in an academic medical career with a mix of research, teaching, clinical duty and administrative responsibilities as well.
“I would love to be involved in health policy making, and believe my educational background, along with my personal experiences, have put me on the path to a rich and dynamic career,” Dayal said.
The TYLENOL® Future Care Scholarship recipients were selected based on leadership qualities, academic performance and community involvement. To be eligible, students must have completed at least one year of undergraduate or graduate study by the Spring of 2013 at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational/technical school.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council