Bob Young, one of first Free Little Library creators in Wauwatosa, has a new book being released he can now put in his library.
Class Act Books, Pt Townsend, Washington is releasing Bob Young's new novel 'When Love Shaped Us' December 15, 2013. It's a fictional romance set in 1943 that tells the story of Chaz and Irene as they fall in love as high school freshmen and attempt to make a contribution to the war on the home front.
These two young people complain to each other that they cannot find a satisfying way to support the war in which other family members are serving. The war, though, finds a way to impact their quiet New York State town in ways they never imagine.
All the while their love deepens and gives them the emotional resources to face the sinister forces that are in motion around them.
The unique feature of the book is that it is told as a reminiscence by Chaz at 84 years old. The relationship he begins with Irene in high school remains true and powerful into their old age.
Reading it you may be tempted to tell your own love story and how it has shaped you into the person you are today.
Bob's book can be ordered after December 15th at classactbooks.com or at any book store if you ask for ISBN #: 978-1-938703-25-6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22