Vincent P. Mathews, MD, has been named professor and chairman of the department of radiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). Dr. Mathews also will hold the James E. Youker Endowed Chair in Radiology.
Dr. Mathews currently serves as professor of radiology (neuroradiology) at the Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis, and president and chief executive officer of Northwest Radiology Network, which offers comprehensive subspecialty inpatient and outpatient imaging and related services throughout Indiana.
Dr. Mathews’ research focuses on the fields of functional magnetic resonance imaging of the brain and brain functioning in adolescents. He has received major grants from the National Institute of Health, numerous international pharmaceutical companies and the Center for Successful Parenting. He has participated in more than 250 invited lectures and presentations and has published many peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters.
Dr. Mathews also has served as a trustee of the American Board of Radiology since 2011 and received a Lifetime Service Award from that entity in 2010. His participation in professional organizations also includes the Radiological Society of North America, American Society of Neuroradiology, American Society of Pediatric Neuroradiology, American Society of Spine Radiology, American Medical Association and the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine.
Dr. Mathews graduated from the University of Evansville (Indiana) in 1981, and received his MD degree with highest distinction from the Indiana University School of Medicine in 1986. From 1986-1990, Dr. Mathews served an internship and residency in diagnostic radiology at Indiana University Medical Center Hospitals. He then completed two fellowships in Neuroradiology – at Indiana University Medical Center Hospitals and Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md.
Dr. Mathews began his faculty career in 1992 at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He then spent several years at the Bowman Gray School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, N.C. before joining the radiology department at the Indiana University School of Medicine in 1995.
The current chairman of radiology at MCW, James E. Youker, MD, has held that position since 1968. The endowed chair in his name was established by MCW to honor his leadership during those decades of service.
Dr. Mathews’ appointment is effective February 1, 2014.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Get up, get out, get active at free Day of Play event!
- MCW researchers call for evidence-based discussion on advantages and challenges of three-year medical school curriculum
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE