Four area Sport Clips hair salons owned by Wauwatosa residents Mark and Linda Carlson recently donated $1200 to Sport Clips' national Help a Hero campaign.
The 4 stores located in Brookfield, Pewaukee, Germantown and West Allis collected donations from clients as well as donated $1 for every haircut given on Veteran's Day, Nov. 11. Military personnel also received free MVP haircuts on Veteran's Day.
The Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship will provide our service members and veterans with financial support as they complete a degree and work toward a civilian career. Not all U.S. service members qualify for 100% of the GI Bill benefits, and Military TA has some limitations, so our program will fill those gaps.
Thank you to everyone for patronizing Sport Clips and helping us make a difference!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ