Four area Sport Clips hair salons owned by Wauwatosa residents Mark and Linda Carlson recently donated $1200 to Sport Clips' national Help a Hero campaign.
The 4 stores located in Brookfield, Pewaukee, Germantown and West Allis collected donations from clients as well as donated $1 for every haircut given on Veteran's Day, Nov. 11. Military personnel also received free MVP haircuts on Veteran's Day.
The Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship will provide our service members and veterans with financial support as they complete a degree and work toward a civilian career. Not all U.S. service members qualify for 100% of the GI Bill benefits, and Military TA has some limitations, so our program will fill those gaps.
Thank you to everyone for patronizing Sport Clips and helping us make a difference!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME