Four area Sport Clips hair salons owned by Wauwatosa residents Mark and Linda Carlson recently donated $1200 to Sport Clips' national Help a Hero campaign.
The 4 stores located in Brookfield, Pewaukee, Germantown and West Allis collected donations from clients as well as donated $1 for every haircut given on Veteran's Day, Nov. 11. Military personnel also received free MVP haircuts on Veteran's Day.
The Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship will provide our service members and veterans with financial support as they complete a degree and work toward a civilian career. Not all U.S. service members qualify for 100% of the GI Bill benefits, and Military TA has some limitations, so our program will fill those gaps.
Thank you to everyone for patronizing Sport Clips and helping us make a difference!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- Hart Park Square celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Milwaukee Backgammon Meetup