J. Frank Wilson, MD, Bernard & Miriam Peck Family Professor and Chair of Radiation Oncology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), will be presented a Gold Medal Award from the Radiological Society of North America at the organization’s 99th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting in December.
The Gold Medal is the Society’s highest honor, and recognizes members who have rendered unusual service to the science of radiology. A unanimous vote of the Society’s Board of Directors is required for the award.
Dr. Wilson was an early advocate for breast conservation therapy and is internationally regarded as an authority in breast cancer. He joined the MCW faculty in 1974 as assistant professor of radiology, became a professor of radiation oncology in 1985, and was named department chair in 1986. He is a practicing radiation oncologist at Froedtert Hospital, and has consistently been named to the “Best Doctors in America” List.
Dr. Wilson served as director of the MCW Cancer Center from 1994 – 2000. He has published more than 200 papers and abstracts, 21 books or chapters, and has presented lectures around the globe. He has edited several peer-reviewed journals, and served in leadership positions in several organizations, including the American College of Radiology, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, and the American Radium Society.
The Radiological Society of North America is an international society of radiologists, medical physicists and other medical professionals with more than 51,000 members from 136 countries across the globe.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Community Connects through Environmental Service
- Above the Town Present A Free Bluegrass Cabaret Concert
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- Hart Park River Clean-up