J. Frank Wilson, MD, Bernard & Miriam Peck Family Professor and Chair of Radiation Oncology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), will be presented a Gold Medal Award from the Radiological Society of North America at the organization’s 99th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting in December.
The Gold Medal is the Society’s highest honor, and recognizes members who have rendered unusual service to the science of radiology. A unanimous vote of the Society’s Board of Directors is required for the award.
Dr. Wilson was an early advocate for breast conservation therapy and is internationally regarded as an authority in breast cancer. He joined the MCW faculty in 1974 as assistant professor of radiology, became a professor of radiation oncology in 1985, and was named department chair in 1986. He is a practicing radiation oncologist at Froedtert Hospital, and has consistently been named to the “Best Doctors in America” List.
Dr. Wilson served as director of the MCW Cancer Center from 1994 – 2000. He has published more than 200 papers and abstracts, 21 books or chapters, and has presented lectures around the globe. He has edited several peer-reviewed journals, and served in leadership positions in several organizations, including the American College of Radiology, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, and the American Radium Society.
The Radiological Society of North America is an international society of radiologists, medical physicists and other medical professionals with more than 51,000 members from 136 countries across the globe.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC to Host Silent Auction Fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Richmond School & Hillel Academy visit JA Finance Park
- Wesley A. Benbow named Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Operating Officer of MCW
- Wauwatosa Resident, Local Project Honored with Industry Award
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel
- Wauwatosa HS Mens Lacrosse opens season with a 12-6 victory over Brookfield Lacrosse