Joanne Kluessendorf, Director, Weis Earth Sciences Museum, UW-Fox Valley, and Donald Mikulic, Senior Paleontologist, Illinois State Geological Survey, will give the 2013 Edward Wilkommen GeoFocus Lecture on November 21, 2013 at 6 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library.
The title of their lecture is "The Ledge, the Lake, and the Limestone: How the Niagara Escarpment Impacted the Stone Industry and the Maritime Development of Lake Michigan."
This is the sixth presentation of GeoFocus: The Edward Wilkommen Geology and Geography Lecture Series, sponsored by Wilkommen, a retired engineer and longtime AGS Library supporter.
The lecture is free and open to the public. A reception precedes the lecture at 5:30 p.m.
The AGS Library is located on the third floor, east wing of the Golda Meir Library building.
For more information or special needs, please call 414-229-6282.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save Our Neighborhoods
- Froedtert Hospital Foundation Names Board Chair
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- January is Radon Action Month--Know Your Home's Radon Level
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Ann Massaro, Brookfield Native and Brookfield Central High School Graduate, Joins Ameriprise Financial
- Member Companies Provide Support to Home Improvement Show
- The Challenge of Moving from a Home you Love
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?