Joanne Kluessendorf, Director, Weis Earth Sciences Museum, UW-Fox Valley, and Donald Mikulic, Senior Paleontologist, Illinois State Geological Survey, will give the 2013 Edward Wilkommen GeoFocus Lecture on November 21, 2013 at 6 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library.
The title of their lecture is "The Ledge, the Lake, and the Limestone: How the Niagara Escarpment Impacted the Stone Industry and the Maritime Development of Lake Michigan."
This is the sixth presentation of GeoFocus: The Edward Wilkommen Geology and Geography Lecture Series, sponsored by Wilkommen, a retired engineer and longtime AGS Library supporter.
The lecture is free and open to the public. A reception precedes the lecture at 5:30 p.m.
The AGS Library is located on the third floor, east wing of the Golda Meir Library building.
For more information or special needs, please call 414-229-6282.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?