Joanne Kluessendorf, Director, Weis Earth Sciences Museum, UW-Fox Valley, and Donald Mikulic, Senior Paleontologist, Illinois State Geological Survey, will give the 2013 Edward Wilkommen GeoFocus Lecture on November 21, 2013 at 6 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library.
The title of their lecture is "The Ledge, the Lake, and the Limestone: How the Niagara Escarpment Impacted the Stone Industry and the Maritime Development of Lake Michigan."
This is the sixth presentation of GeoFocus: The Edward Wilkommen Geology and Geography Lecture Series, sponsored by Wilkommen, a retired engineer and longtime AGS Library supporter.
The lecture is free and open to the public. A reception precedes the lecture at 5:30 p.m.
The AGS Library is located on the third floor, east wing of the Golda Meir Library building.
For more information or special needs, please call 414-229-6282.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- Hart Park River Clean-up
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater Children's Audition Notice: A Christmas Carol