Danielle Ofri, MD, physician-writer and New York Times essayist, will be the featured speaker at the Medical College of Wisconsin’s (MCW) 8th annual Medical Humanities Lecture, Thursday, November 21st at 5:00 pm on the MCW campus in Milwaukee. Dr. Ofri’s lecture, entitled “How Emotions Affect the Practice of Medicine,” is sponsored by the MCW Medical Humanities Program, of the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities in the Institute for Health and Society. A book signing and reception will follow the lecture.
Dr. Ofri is a doctor of internal medicine who teaches at New York University Medical School. She is founder and editor-in-chief of the Bellevue Literary Review. Her essays have been featured in the New York Times. Her newest book is What Doctors Feel: How Emotions Affect the Practice of Medicine. Her other books include Medicine in Translation: Journeys with my Patients, Incidental Findings: Lessons from my Patients in the Art of Medicine, and
Singular Intimacies: Becoming a Doctor at Bellevue.
“Dr. Ofi through her writing and practice exemplifies the qualities that the MCW Medical Humanities Program fosters in medical students and physicians: professionalism, communication, empathy and reflection,” said Arthur Derse, MD, JD, director of the Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities, Julia and David Uihlein Professor of Medical Humanities, and professor of bioethics and emergency medicine.
The event is free and open to the public, and will be held in the HRC auditorium at the Medical College, located at 8701 Watertown Plank Road. Free parking is available in the visitors’ lot directly across from the main entrance of the college.
For more information, call (414) 955-8498 or visit www.mcw.edu/bioethics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, ue to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances