Join the Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool on Saturday, November 9th from 9AM to 12PM for our final weed-out of 2013.
Since 2010, FOHPP sponsored 8 all-volunteer weed-outs, with nearly 300 volunteers coming out to help us. With the help of these volunteers, we have removed buckthorn along the banks of the Menomonee River at Hoyt Park. Completely removing buckthorn and other invasive species is a multi-year project and we are committed to getting the job done.
In October, nearly 70 high school students from North Dakota joined us at our first fall weed-out and removed a lot of buckthorn.
FOHPP is again partnering with The Park People of Milwaukee County, Inc. to host this weed-out. This is a great opportunity for teenagers looking to fulfill service hour requirements for church or school. Sign up is not required, but it is appreciated because it helps ensure we have enough tools and gloves. You can sign up at the Park People's website (www.parkpeoplemke.org).
If you have any questions, please contact FOHPP Board member Mike Kreuser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the quality of life for all members of the community by supporting the development, maintenance, and ongoing operation of a medium-sized outdoor family pool and community gathering space at Hoyt Park and preserving the natural beauty of the surrounding park and adjacent Menomonee River Parkway. FOHPP does not receive any taxpayer support for the operation of the TOSA Pool or The Landing at Hoyt Park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Residents Perform At Sunset Playhouse
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research