It’s a seasonal staple that has been awarded 24-hour marathons on cable television, has added “you’ll shoot your eye out” to the pop culture lexicon, and, just yesterday, was immortalized with a bronze statue in Hammond, Indiana, capturing the infamous triple-dog dare scene ending with a tongue stuck to a frozen flagpole. The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts celebrates the 30th anniversary of A Christmas Story, presenting a complimentary* showing of the iconic holiday film on the big screen, Saturday, November 23 at 5:30 pm.
There is no better way to kick off the holiday season with the riotously funny adventures of the Parker family! Nine-year old Ralphie Parker's insatiable quest for the ultimate Christmas present - a Daisy Brand Red-Ryder BB rifle—might take center stage, but don't forget the leg lamp, the turkey, and so much more! Don't miss this charming, touching, and nostalgic kid's-eye view of an all-American Christmas in the 1940s.
Audiences can make it a double header day with another holiday classic! The Muppet Christmas Carol will also be presented on November 23 at 3 pm. Academy Award-winner Michael Caine joins Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, and all of the Muppets in this magical version of Charles Dickens’ timeless Christmas tale. Filled with original music and dazzling special effects, this heart-warming tale will create a holiday tradition that your family will treasure for years to come!
Popcorn, concessions, and beverages for both children and adults will be available for purchase
Tickets for A Christmas Story and The Muppet Christmas Carol are complimentary, but a $2 per ticket facility fee applies. Tickets are available at the Box Office or by calling 262-781-9520. Families can request a maximum of six tickets for each film. Patrons are welcome to attend both films. Tickets are required for both.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class