Alverno Presents welcomes Nick Sanborn as he hosts “Lend Me Your Voice,” an indie rock collaboration. Having been a musical side man for a rich variety of popularly acclaimed projects, Sanborn brings in a host of esteemed colleagues, highlighting the collaborative spirit in a one-of-a-kind performance that will be both intimate and dynamic.
Because of the many indie projects he has worked on, Sanborn has worked alongside some of the genre’s most compelling artists. For two nights in the Pitman Theatre, Sanborn will gather together several of those friends and fellow musicians for a performance — part music concert, part theater event — that traces the interconnections among this close-knit community of collaborators, including Brad Cook and Joe Westerlund (Megafaun), Erin Fein (Headlights), Amelia Meath (Mountain Man), William Tyler (Lambchop), and Christopher Porterfield (Field Report).
Single tickets are $20. Season subscriptions are still available at a discount off single ticket prices when purchasing three or more events. Tickets may be purchased through the Alverno Presents Box Office at 414-382-6044 or on-line at http://alvernopresents.alverno.edu.
Alverno Presents, the performing arts series of Alverno College, is celebrating its 54th year. The series has innovated beyond our history as the longest running, continuous arts presenter in the city, to our niche of presenting contemporary dance, world music and jazz and an array of performance events. Alverno Presents shares the school’s mission by ensuring broad access to and participation in learning, experiencing and developing the arts for the learning community of Alverno, and our community as a whole. For more information on Alverno Presents, special projects, media reviews and more, visit alvernopresents.alverno.edu, contact Alverno Presents Assistant Director at 414-382-6151, or e-mail email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7