Alverno Presents welcomes Nick Sanborn as he hosts “Lend Me Your Voice,” an indie rock collaboration. Having been a musical side man for a rich variety of popularly acclaimed projects, Sanborn brings in a host of esteemed colleagues, highlighting the collaborative spirit in a one-of-a-kind performance that will be both intimate and dynamic.
Because of the many indie projects he has worked on, Sanborn has worked alongside some of the genre’s most compelling artists. For two nights in the Pitman Theatre, Sanborn will gather together several of those friends and fellow musicians for a performance — part music concert, part theater event — that traces the interconnections among this close-knit community of collaborators, including Brad Cook and Joe Westerlund (Megafaun), Erin Fein (Headlights), Amelia Meath (Mountain Man), William Tyler (Lambchop), and Christopher Porterfield (Field Report).
Single tickets are $20. Season subscriptions are still available at a discount off single ticket prices when purchasing three or more events. Tickets may be purchased through the Alverno Presents Box Office at 414-382-6044 or on-line at http://alvernopresents.alverno.edu.
Alverno Presents, the performing arts series of Alverno College, is celebrating its 54th year. The series has innovated beyond our history as the longest running, continuous arts presenter in the city, to our niche of presenting contemporary dance, world music and jazz and an array of performance events. Alverno Presents shares the school’s mission by ensuring broad access to and participation in learning, experiencing and developing the arts for the learning community of Alverno, and our community as a whole. For more information on Alverno Presents, special projects, media reviews and more, visit alvernopresents.alverno.edu, contact Alverno Presents Assistant Director at 414-382-6151, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available