Dr. Ramani Ramchandran Named Patrick J. and Margaret G. McMahon Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Ramani Ramchandran, PhD, professor of pediatrics (developmental biology), has been named the Patrick J. and Margaret G. McMahon Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). Dr. Ramchandran, who is also the vice chair of research in the department of obstetrics and gynecology, has focused his research efforts on the role of vasculature, or blood vessel formation, in embryonic development and disease.
The Patrick J. and Margaret G. McMahon Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology was established in 1965 at the Marquette University School of Medicine, and is the first endowed professorship at MCW. The bequest was made by the McMahons’ son, a physician at MCW.
Dr. Ramchandran received his PhD in biochemistry and molecular biology at Georgia Regent's University in 1997 and was a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard Medical School from 1997-2002. From 2002-2006, he was a National Cancer Institute Scholar at the Center for Cancer Research in Rockville, Md. Dr. Ramchandran joined the MCW faculty in 2007, and was promoted to professor with tenure in 2012.
Dr. Ramchandran has published dozens of peer-reviewed papers and book chapters. He maintains more than $1.4 million in active research grants, with two additional awards pending. He serves in several leadership roles at MCW, including director of the Vascular Biology Program and director of the Zebrafish Drug Screening Core.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park