LUMIN Invites Community to Free Wellness Fair on Nov. 14 Health education, hands-on activities, giveaways and fun for the whole family!
Lutheran Urban Mission Initiative, Inc. (LUMIN) has partnered with graduate students of Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW) to host a free community-wide wellness fair on November 14th. The free fair will feature flu shots, free eye exams and blood pressure screenings among a number of other critical services throughout the community.
Led by Health Services Coordinator Joanie Kolton, in conjunction with LUMIN’s own healthcare and counseling program, the health fair will feature family-friendly, hands-on activities to address more than a dozen health topics impacting our community.
“The goal of this program is to serve the families in our community by encouraging them and providing them with tools to care for the health of their families,” said Kolton. “It is a great opportunity for family fun, and there will be games exercise, food and lots to learn about your family's health.”
The Wellness Fair will also include information on infant and child safety, women’s health, oral care and overall nutritional care. Information on securing basic needs, medical care, legal aid and parenting support will be available. The event will also feature reading to therapy dogs, children’s games, giveaways, and free food and drinks. Diane Ames, a nurse practitioner and Associate Professor of Nursing at CUW, adds, “There will be something of interest for everyone.”
The Milwaukee and Wauwatosa communities are invited to join LUMIN students, families and staff at the LUMIN School Wellness Fair on Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 5 p.m. LUMIN’s Concordia University School-Pilgrim Campus is located at 6716 W. Center Street in Wauwatosa. For more information, contact Joanie Kolton at 414-354-5126 or visit www.cuspilgrim.org.
Lutheran Urban Mission Initiative, Inc. (LUMIN) is a 501c(3) nonprofit corporation and a Recognized Service Organization of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS). LUMIN operates five LCMS schools in Milwaukee that serve students from low income families that participate in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program. LUMIN provides safe, Christian schools focused on educational success, leadership development and spiritual growth; and is quickly becoming the standard for effective, Christ-centered, results oriented urban education in the City of Milwaukee. For more information, visit www.luminschools.org or find us on Facebook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th