The annual Ettinger Book Artist Series lecture will be held on Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 7:00 pm in Special Collections on the fourth floor of the Golda Meir Library.
This year’s presenter will be Karen Kunc, a book artist, printmaker, and Cather Professor of Art at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL).
The presentation is free and open to the public.
Ms. Kunc has been proprietor of Blue Heron Press and taught at UNL since 1983, and has developed an international reputation as a printmaker and book artist.
Her prints and artists books derive from her contemplation of natural forces in the world, exploring inventive color abstractions of both the natural and human-fashioned environment.
Ms. Kunc's works are represented in collections worldwide, from libraries such as Library of Congress, Harvard, and the Walker Art Center Library, to major museum collections, including the Museum of Modern Art, the Smithsonian Institution, and the National Art Library of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
Her many awards include two Fulbright Fellowships to Finland, a Fulbright Specialist grant to Dhaka, Bangladesh, and two National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships.
For more information, please contact Special Collections at 414.229.4345 or email@example.com.
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Studio Barcelona on Vliet Street in Washington Heights Opens to Offer Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Creative Workshops and Hand-painted Furniture
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- THE VELVETEEN RABBIT