The annual Ettinger Book Artist Series lecture will be held on Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 7:00 pm in Special Collections on the fourth floor of the Golda Meir Library.
This year’s presenter will be Karen Kunc, a book artist, printmaker, and Cather Professor of Art at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL).
The presentation is free and open to the public.
Ms. Kunc has been proprietor of Blue Heron Press and taught at UNL since 1983, and has developed an international reputation as a printmaker and book artist.
Her prints and artists books derive from her contemplation of natural forces in the world, exploring inventive color abstractions of both the natural and human-fashioned environment.
Ms. Kunc's works are represented in collections worldwide, from libraries such as Library of Congress, Harvard, and the Walker Art Center Library, to major museum collections, including the Museum of Modern Art, the Smithsonian Institution, and the National Art Library of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
Her many awards include two Fulbright Fellowships to Finland, a Fulbright Specialist grant to Dhaka, Bangladesh, and two National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships.
For more information, please contact Special Collections at 414.229.4345 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015