The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Research Institute have received a two-year, $105,000 grant from the National Institutes of Health under Award Number R13AR065364, to establish a new pediatric dermatology research conference.
Dawn Siegel, MD, associate professor of pediatric dermatology at MCW and an investigator at the Research Institute, is the recipient of the grant and will coordinate the conference.
Pediatric dermatologists care for children with a broad range of disorders, including severe inflammatory diseases that require systemic therapy, disfiguring vascular birthmarks, and potentially life-endangering genetic skin diseases. There are few therapies for these severe conditions, and a need for standardized treatment protocols.
The Pediatric Dermatology Research Alliance (PeDRA) was founded to address this therapeutic shortfall. With the funds in this grant award, Dr. Siegel’s team will establish an annual PeDRA conference. The goals of the conference are to identify and prioritize the clinical needs and therapeutic opportunities in the field, to create a bridge between basic scientists and clinicians, and to provide investigators with an infrastructure to conduct multicenter research in pediatric skin disorders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- Wauwatosa Drop-Off Center Dumps Annual Permit
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC to be Held May 30
- Use of stent, compared to medications, increases risk of stroke in patients with narrowed artery within the brain
- New! LIFT Field Hockey!