In an effort to apply classroom concepts in a real world setting, Dan Prothero of Tosa West and the business department at Tosa East received a $2,990.00 Education Foundation of Wauwatos (EFW) grant to purchase computer-based software simulation called Virtual Business-Restaurant. The breadth and depth of the game provides an eye-opening window into the world of restaurant ownership. The lessons stimulate higher order thinking as students learn about each phase of business including market research, location selection, financial statements, menu design, pricing, purchasing, layout, staffing, marketing, and turnaround. It is like a science experiment wrapped in a restaurant simulation.
For more information on the EFW and our other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" – Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Children's Audition Notice for Milwaukee Rep's 2014/15 production THE COLOR PURPLE
- Stuff the Truck for Independence
- Spring Concert "Stars" featuring Julia Simpson
- Cudahy Home to be on Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Three Wauwatosa Homes to be Part of Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- United for Libraries to present Public Service Award to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- MCW to Host Diabetes Symposium
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event