In an effort to apply classroom concepts in a real world setting, Dan Prothero of Tosa West and the business department at Tosa East received a $2,990.00 Education Foundation of Wauwatos (EFW) grant to purchase computer-based software simulation called Virtual Business-Restaurant. The breadth and depth of the game provides an eye-opening window into the world of restaurant ownership. The lessons stimulate higher order thinking as students learn about each phase of business including market research, location selection, financial statements, menu design, pricing, purchasing, layout, staffing, marketing, and turnaround. It is like a science experiment wrapped in a restaurant simulation.
For more information on the EFW and our other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Announcing Wisconsin Massage Clinic Open House
- BBB's 10 Tips for Safe Online Shopping On Cyber Monday
- IndependenceFirst Milwaukee Heat “Big Cheese Classic” wheelchair basketball tourney
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday