Wauwatosa actress, Stacy Becker, portrays Beatrice Webb or “Aunt Bo,” the aunt of Muggeridge’s wife, in the local premiere of “Malcolm and Teresa.” This true story juxtaposes two events in BBC Reporter Malcolm Muggeridge’s life: his exposé of the 1930s’ Soviet socialist oppression and his ‘60s television interviews with a then-unknown Mother Teresa. Her loving response to those suffering overcomes Malcolm’s disillusionment and begins his journey of redemption in “Malcolm and Teresa” by Cathal Gallagher. The playwright will be present for the first weekend of the show.
All performances will be given in Concordia University Wisconsin’s Todd Wehr Auditorium, 12800 North Lake Shore Drive in Mequon, Wis.
Engrossing and entertaining, this new play powerfully depicts how one person’s faith in action can change the world.
Performances will be Friday, Oct. 18 at 8pm; Saturday, Oct.19 at 8pm; Sunday, Oct. 20 at 3pm; Thursday, Oct. 24 at 8pm; Friday, Oct. 25 at 8pm; Saturday, Oct. 26 at 4pm and 8pm and Sunday, Oct. 27 at 3pm.
Season Subscription and Single Ticket Information
Season subscriptions cost $38, or $30 for senior citizens, full-time students and full-time clergy. Single tickets for all productions will go on sale starting September 1. Single tickets for the three regular season shows will cost $16, or $13 for senior citizens, full-time students and
full-time clergy. More information is available by calling (414) 744-5995 or visiting www.acaciatheatre.com.
About Acacia Theatre Company
Founded in 1980, Acacia Theatre Company is an independent, non-profit, interdenominational group of dramatic artists who share a common desire to integrate art and faith by presenting theatre from a Judeo-Christian worldview. Through uplifting, quality entertainment, Acacia provides occasion for thanksgiving, growth and enjoyment, and the opportunity for Christians and non-Christians to consider their lives in relation to God. More information is available at www.acaciatheatre.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective
- Science Students Learn with Depth and Complexity
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Explain How Technology in Faucets and Showerheads Expand Consumer Options
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients