Brookfield, Wis. – With the 2013-14 school year in full swing, residents of the Elmbrook School District are encouraged to sign up for the C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook to provide additional financial support to their favorite schools.
The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group, which launched at the start of the new school year, is a consumer-focused initiative that brings together residents and businesses to support schools in the Elmbrook district. All public and private schools are included.
Residents register as C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook members at www.thecaringgroup.org. When they purchase products and services from participating businesses, a portion of the sale is donated to a school(s) of the member’s choice. Members select their schools when signing up.
No dues, fees or upfront costs are involved for either members or businesses. Members simply identify their C.A.R.I.N.G. Group affiliation to businesses, and provide the phone number they used when signing up. Once a transaction is complete, the business enters the amount into a web portal, which calculates the school donation and withdraws funds from the business.
“The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group has been a long time in planning, and we’re very pleased to begin its operation with the new school year,” said Tom Gaumond, President of The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook. “We encourage parents, grandparents, friends and everyone else to visit www.thecaringgroup.org and sign up as a member. The more people who participate, the more money we can provide to our schools.”
The group’s acronym, C.A.R.I.N.G., is for Companies Actively Reinvesting In Neighborhood Growth. All businesses involved in the program are based in the Elmbrook School District, or have an owner who lives in the district. Besides supporting schools, the program also aims to strengthen the local economy.
“The really great part is that there are no residency rules for C.A.R.I.N.G. Group members,” Gaumond said. “Thus, family members or friends who live outside the Elmbrook School District can sign up as members, and support Elmbrook schools by shopping at C.A.R.I.N.G. Group businesses.”
Businesses interested in participating in the C.A.R.I.N.G. Group can sign up at www.thecaringgroup.org, as can prospective members. The web site is loaded with information about how the program operates, including a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page. Those unable to find desired information can e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available