On Saturday, Oct. 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mayfair will host Celebrate Schools! – a free pep rally and showcase for K-12 schools to raise awareness and funds and celebrate school and community partnerships. Visitors can view students’ educational displays, musical and dance performances, and fundraising activities in both Mayfair’s Center Court and Food Court. Current participants include:
• Craig Montessori School,
• St. Margaret Mary School Boy Scout Troop 260 and Cub Scout Troop 60,
• Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin,
• Girls Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast,
• Elementary Art Department for the Tosa Public Schools, and
• West Allis West Milwaukee School District and Recreation Department.
Mayfair is also supporting local schools by partnering with DonorsChoose.org to shine the spotlight on the importance of a quality education and assist area schools and teachers with much-needed supplies and funding. Last year, Mayfair helped to fund projects that impacted more than 6,293 local students.
“Being able to directly impact the quality of a child’s education is something that’s extremely important to Mayfair,” said Brenda Vento, marketing manager for Mayfair. “DonorsChoose.org makes it so easy to give to local schools and specifically to the projects and programs you’re passionate about. And the best thing is, no matter what the dollar amount is, you know you’re helping a school in need.”
Mayfair’s parent company will give away $25,000 to one U.S. school nominated by a member of The Club. Joining The Club is free and easy. Shoppers can register by visiting Mayfair Guest Services or enrolling online at www.mayfairmall.com to nominate an area elementary, middle, junior or high school for the opportunity to receive the $25,000 award.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available