On Saturday, Oct. 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mayfair will host Celebrate Schools! – a free pep rally and showcase for K-12 schools to raise awareness and funds and celebrate school and community partnerships. Visitors can view students’ educational displays, musical and dance performances, and fundraising activities in both Mayfair’s Center Court and Food Court. Current participants include:
• Craig Montessori School,
• St. Margaret Mary School Boy Scout Troop 260 and Cub Scout Troop 60,
• Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin,
• Girls Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast,
• Elementary Art Department for the Tosa Public Schools, and
• West Allis West Milwaukee School District and Recreation Department.
Mayfair is also supporting local schools by partnering with DonorsChoose.org to shine the spotlight on the importance of a quality education and assist area schools and teachers with much-needed supplies and funding. Last year, Mayfair helped to fund projects that impacted more than 6,293 local students.
“Being able to directly impact the quality of a child’s education is something that’s extremely important to Mayfair,” said Brenda Vento, marketing manager for Mayfair. “DonorsChoose.org makes it so easy to give to local schools and specifically to the projects and programs you’re passionate about. And the best thing is, no matter what the dollar amount is, you know you’re helping a school in need.”
Mayfair’s parent company will give away $25,000 to one U.S. school nominated by a member of The Club. Joining The Club is free and easy. Shoppers can register by visiting Mayfair Guest Services or enrolling online at www.mayfairmall.com to nominate an area elementary, middle, junior or high school for the opportunity to receive the $25,000 award.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study