On Saturday, Oct. 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mayfair will host Celebrate Schools! – a free pep rally and showcase for K-12 schools to raise awareness and funds and celebrate school and community partnerships. Visitors can view students’ educational displays, musical and dance performances, and fundraising activities in both Mayfair’s Center Court and Food Court. Current participants include:
• Craig Montessori School,
• St. Margaret Mary School Boy Scout Troop 260 and Cub Scout Troop 60,
• Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin,
• Girls Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast,
• Elementary Art Department for the Tosa Public Schools, and
• West Allis West Milwaukee School District and Recreation Department.
Mayfair is also supporting local schools by partnering with DonorsChoose.org to shine the spotlight on the importance of a quality education and assist area schools and teachers with much-needed supplies and funding. Last year, Mayfair helped to fund projects that impacted more than 6,293 local students.
“Being able to directly impact the quality of a child’s education is something that’s extremely important to Mayfair,” said Brenda Vento, marketing manager for Mayfair. “DonorsChoose.org makes it so easy to give to local schools and specifically to the projects and programs you’re passionate about. And the best thing is, no matter what the dollar amount is, you know you’re helping a school in need.”
Mayfair’s parent company will give away $25,000 to one U.S. school nominated by a member of The Club. Joining The Club is free and easy. Shoppers can register by visiting Mayfair Guest Services or enrolling online at www.mayfairmall.com to nominate an area elementary, middle, junior or high school for the opportunity to receive the $25,000 award.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park