On Saturday, Oct. 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mayfair will host Celebrate Schools! – a free pep rally and showcase for K-12 schools to raise awareness and funds and celebrate school and community partnerships. Visitors can view students’ educational displays, musical and dance performances, and fundraising activities in both Mayfair’s Center Court and Food Court. Current participants include:
• Craig Montessori School,
• St. Margaret Mary School Boy Scout Troop 260 and Cub Scout Troop 60,
• Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin,
• Girls Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast,
• Elementary Art Department for the Tosa Public Schools, and
• West Allis West Milwaukee School District and Recreation Department.
Mayfair is also supporting local schools by partnering with DonorsChoose.org to shine the spotlight on the importance of a quality education and assist area schools and teachers with much-needed supplies and funding. Last year, Mayfair helped to fund projects that impacted more than 6,293 local students.
“Being able to directly impact the quality of a child’s education is something that’s extremely important to Mayfair,” said Brenda Vento, marketing manager for Mayfair. “DonorsChoose.org makes it so easy to give to local schools and specifically to the projects and programs you’re passionate about. And the best thing is, no matter what the dollar amount is, you know you’re helping a school in need.”
Mayfair’s parent company will give away $25,000 to one U.S. school nominated by a member of The Club. Joining The Club is free and easy. Shoppers can register by visiting Mayfair Guest Services or enrolling online at www.mayfairmall.com to nominate an area elementary, middle, junior or high school for the opportunity to receive the $25,000 award.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids