Medical College of Wisconsin’s Women in Science Series Honors Two Researchers at Annual Luncheon
Two Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) female researchers will be honored at MCW’s annual Women in Science Awards Luncheon on October 17, 2013. The luncheon, held at MCW, is the final event in the seventh annual Women in Science series, and is presented by Associated Bank. The awards include a $10,000 research award to an established scientist and the $1,000 Edward J. Lennon, MD award to an outstanding woman postdoctoral researcher.
Recipient of the Women Pioneers in Research award for 2013 is Judy R. Kersten, MD, professor of anesthesiology, pharmacology and toxicology, and senior vice chair of anesthesiology. Dr. Kersten, an MCW faculty member since 1994, will receive a $10,000 research award. She will also share an overview of her research in diabetes and cardiovascular risks with luncheon attendees.
The recipient for this year’s Edward J. Lennon, MD, Outstanding Woman Postdoctoral Researcher award is Dr. Savitha Sethumadhavan, a biochemist working in Dr. Jeannette Vasquez-Vivar’s lab in Biophysics.
Dr. Lennon was a former dean and president of MCW.
Media are invited to attend the awards ceremony and presentation.
The Women in Science luncheon series offers the public an opportunity to meet and hear interesting research by outstanding female scientists and physicians and to raise awareness of outstanding local women researchers. The eighth annual luncheon series kicks off in April 2014.
For details, contact Karissa Pohle, email@example.com or (414) 955-4717.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder