Medical College of Wisconsin’s Women in Science Series Honors Two Researchers at Annual Luncheon
Two Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) female researchers will be honored at MCW’s annual Women in Science Awards Luncheon on October 17, 2013. The luncheon, held at MCW, is the final event in the seventh annual Women in Science series, and is presented by Associated Bank. The awards include a $10,000 research award to an established scientist and the $1,000 Edward J. Lennon, MD award to an outstanding woman postdoctoral researcher.
Recipient of the Women Pioneers in Research award for 2013 is Judy R. Kersten, MD, professor of anesthesiology, pharmacology and toxicology, and senior vice chair of anesthesiology. Dr. Kersten, an MCW faculty member since 1994, will receive a $10,000 research award. She will also share an overview of her research in diabetes and cardiovascular risks with luncheon attendees.
The recipient for this year’s Edward J. Lennon, MD, Outstanding Woman Postdoctoral Researcher award is Dr. Savitha Sethumadhavan, a biochemist working in Dr. Jeannette Vasquez-Vivar’s lab in Biophysics.
Dr. Lennon was a former dean and president of MCW.
Media are invited to attend the awards ceremony and presentation.
The Women in Science luncheon series offers the public an opportunity to meet and hear interesting research by outstanding female scientists and physicians and to raise awareness of outstanding local women researchers. The eighth annual luncheon series kicks off in April 2014.
For details, contact Karissa Pohle, firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 955-4717.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!