The new holistic healing center, Be Well Yoga and Ayurveda, will host several workshops and events from noon to 4 p.m., October 19, and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., October 20. An herbal workshop on the Healing Aspects of Rose will explain the basics of Ayurveda, a natural method of healing and disease prevention, as well as the healing aspects of rose, and will offer recipes and body therapies that use rose as an ingredient. Other events include introductory classes to Ayurveda, cooking classes, yoga classes and Friday Night Dinner and a Movie.
Ayurveda addresses the symptoms and more importantly, the root cause of disease. Common health issues that respond well to ayurvedic therapies include weight gain; gastrointestinal tract diseases; muscle, bone and joint pain; insomnia; fatigue; hormonal imbalances and fertility issues; attention deficit disorder; depression; anxiety; and many chronic conditions.
Location: 10701 W. North Ave., Ste. 209, Wauwatosa. For more information, call 414-939-3554, email Mary@BeWellAyurveda.com or visit BeWellAyurveda.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study