To enhance the Spanish curriculum for all elementary schools in the district, Kathryn Hartung and Hannah Wendlake of Eisenhower Elementary were awarded a $5,965.00 Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) grant. Grant funding will be used to purchase DiscoveryPENS and coordinating recording labels. The DiscoveryPEN has a scanner at its ‘nib’ which detects the pattern on the recording label, thereby, triggering a signal to play a pre-recorded MP3 file. These tools will aid in independent study, practicing conversation and fluency skills, clarifying sounds and pronunciation, and providing exposure to a variety of dialects. They also increase the quality of education by allowing teachers to differentiate instruction.
For more information on the EFW and our other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Matthew Hunsaker Named Campus Dean for Medical College of Wisconsin–Green Bay
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Holy Apostles Fish Fry
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Western Union and Better Business Bureau Warn of Charity Scams During Giving Season
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale