To enhance the Spanish curriculum for all elementary schools in the district, Kathryn Hartung and Hannah Wendlake of Eisenhower Elementary were awarded a $5,965.00 Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) grant. Grant funding will be used to purchase DiscoveryPENS and coordinating recording labels. The DiscoveryPEN has a scanner at its ‘nib’ which detects the pattern on the recording label, thereby, triggering a signal to play a pre-recorded MP3 file. These tools will aid in independent study, practicing conversation and fluency skills, clarifying sounds and pronunciation, and providing exposure to a variety of dialects. They also increase the quality of education by allowing teachers to differentiate instruction.
For more information on the EFW and our other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Performer Steve Girman at the Wauwatosa Public Library
- Marquette student from Menomonee Falls "Plays it forward" in support of Youth Sports Camp
- Taiwan Excellence Comes to Summerfest
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin Celebrate Project SEARCH Completion Ceremony for Adults With Disabilities
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Bessie Turns 100!
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark