To enhance the Spanish curriculum for all elementary schools in the district, Kathryn Hartung and Hannah Wendlake of Eisenhower Elementary were awarded a $5,965.00 Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) grant. Grant funding will be used to purchase DiscoveryPENS and coordinating recording labels. The DiscoveryPEN has a scanner at its ‘nib’ which detects the pattern on the recording label, thereby, triggering a signal to play a pre-recorded MP3 file. These tools will aid in independent study, practicing conversation and fluency skills, clarifying sounds and pronunciation, and providing exposure to a variety of dialects. They also increase the quality of education by allowing teachers to differentiate instruction.
For more information on the EFW and our other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza Celebrates “Pi Day” with $3.14 Pizzas on Friday, March 14
- Wauwatosa Recreation and Summer School New Registration Procedures
- Milwaukee Montessori School Welcomes Catherine Brys as Director of Child Care Program
- BELLWETHER’S PRIVATE LOAN FUNDING
- Holiday Food Drive For Hunger Task Force to be Featured in St. Patrick’s Day Parades
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Free Sound Reinforcement & Live Sound Classes
- Historian John Gurda To Speak at Elm Grove Playhouse
- Announcing the Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen for 2013: Maureen Connors Badding
- McKinley Lodge Fish Fry