The third annual “Get Your Rear in Gear” 5K run and walk will be held on Saturday, October 12th at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. The event supports the Medical College of Wisconsin’s programs for colon cancer research, education, prevention and screening. Colon cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, claiming more than 54,000 lives every year.
“Get Your Rear in Gear” begins at 8:10 am with a kids’ fun run, followed by a timed, 5K run at 8:30 am, and a 5K walk immediately after. The course winds through the scenic Honey Creek Parkway and a historic Wauwatosa neighborhood.
Sponsors of the event include Shorehaven Behavioral Health, Inc., Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Madison Medical, Sanofi Oncology, and BPI.
Register online or in person; registration before October 9th is $25 for adults and $12 for children. After the 9th, the cost increases to $35 for adults and $15 for children. Team registration is encouraged for companies, schools and organizations with ten or more participants. Online registration is available at http://www.getyourrearingear.com/events/list/2013/milwaukee-wi-2013/. For more information or to volunteer for the race, contact Lynn Fischer at 805-1690 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller