The third annual “Get Your Rear in Gear” 5K run and walk will be held on Saturday, October 12th at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. The event supports the Medical College of Wisconsin’s programs for colon cancer research, education, prevention and screening. Colon cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, claiming more than 54,000 lives every year.
“Get Your Rear in Gear” begins at 8:10 am with a kids’ fun run, followed by a timed, 5K run at 8:30 am, and a 5K walk immediately after. The course winds through the scenic Honey Creek Parkway and a historic Wauwatosa neighborhood.
Sponsors of the event include Shorehaven Behavioral Health, Inc., Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Madison Medical, Sanofi Oncology, and BPI.
Register online or in person; registration before October 9th is $25 for adults and $12 for children. After the 9th, the cost increases to $35 for adults and $15 for children. Team registration is encouraged for companies, schools and organizations with ten or more participants. Online registration is available at http://www.getyourrearingear.com/events/list/2013/milwaukee-wi-2013/. For more information or to volunteer for the race, contact Lynn Fischer at 805-1690 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential