To enhance the new Sangari science curriculum in the district, Linda Landis from Lincoln Elementary was awarded a $910 Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) grant. Ms. Landis will use the funding to purchase books for the kindergarten classrooms. Picture books with science themes will not only help with literacy goals, but will also reinforce science concepts. Upon completion of reading a book to the classroom, teachers can tie-in the concepts by conducting meaningful experiments, discussions, observations, and activities.
For more information on the EFW and the other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC to Host Silent Auction Fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Richmond School & Hillel Academy visit JA Finance Park
- Wesley A. Benbow named Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Operating Officer of MCW
- Wauwatosa Resident, Local Project Honored with Industry Award
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel
- Wauwatosa HS Mens Lacrosse opens season with a 12-6 victory over Brookfield Lacrosse