To enhance the new Sangari science curriculum in the district, Linda Landis from Lincoln Elementary was awarded a $910 Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) grant. Ms. Landis will use the funding to purchase books for the kindergarten classrooms. Picture books with science themes will not only help with literacy goals, but will also reinforce science concepts. Upon completion of reading a book to the classroom, teachers can tie-in the concepts by conducting meaningful experiments, discussions, observations, and activities.
For more information on the EFW and the other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th