To enhance the new Sangari science curriculum in the district, Linda Landis from Lincoln Elementary was awarded a $910 Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) grant. Ms. Landis will use the funding to purchase books for the kindergarten classrooms. Picture books with science themes will not only help with literacy goals, but will also reinforce science concepts. Upon completion of reading a book to the classroom, teachers can tie-in the concepts by conducting meaningful experiments, discussions, observations, and activities.
For more information on the EFW and the other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7