To enhance the new Sangari science curriculum in the district, Linda Landis from Lincoln Elementary was awarded a $910 Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW) grant. Ms. Landis will use the funding to purchase books for the kindergarten classrooms. Picture books with science themes will not only help with literacy goals, but will also reinforce science concepts. Upon completion of reading a book to the classroom, teachers can tie-in the concepts by conducting meaningful experiments, discussions, observations, and activities.
For more information on the EFW and the other 12 grants for the 2013-2014 school year, visit www.tosaefw.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective
- Science Students Learn with Depth and Complexity
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Explain How Technology in Faucets and Showerheads Expand Consumer Options
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients