MILWAUKEE, Wis. - The Third Ward welcomes a new player in the fitness game this week as Monkey Bar Gymnasium (MBG) moves to the area. MBG will open its doors at 173 N. Milwaukee St. on October 1 providing residents and downtown employees a space to get fit and learn how to live healthy.
The new location is more than three times the size of the previous downtown location situated on the second floor of 770 N. Milwaukee St. The new space provides more room for movement and activity and brings a unique fitness regimen to the Third Ward.
“We are excited about the move,” said Jeff Winzenried, owner of Monkey Bar Gym’s Milwaukee location and a Certified Natural Trainer. “We are looking forward to providing our members with an improved workout environment equipped with showers and ample space for conducting our classes.”
Monkey Bar Gym, which opened in Milwaukee in 2011, is unique in that there is no equipment other than actual monkey bars, kettle bells and ropes. Clients participate in a variety of classes, including boot camp, body power and yoga. Classes are led by certified staff who function as personal trainers. Together, with a focus on short interval workouts, these classes help tone and strengthen the body and keep it healthy.
“We step off the machines, take off our shoes and move away from the mirrors,” said Winzenried. “We focus on teamwork and progression to help our clients strengthen their bodies and minds and learn the skills needed to live the healthiest life possible.”
Classes will begin to take place at the new gym on Tuesday, October 1, 2013. Monkey Bar Gym is open to people of all fitness levels. Jeff and his staff work with members to create personalized fitness plans to help members reach their goals.
Monkey Bar Gymnasium specializes in helping men & women, individuals & groups, and athletes & non-athletes find solutions with weight loss, gaining muscle, cardiovascular endurance, and gaining flexibility. Our methodology includes using body weight training, functional fitness, Eischens Yoga for healing the body, boot camps, and tools such as the Jungle Gym XT, Pullup Revolution Pro, Power Wheel, Bands, Medicine Balls, Kettle Bells, and much more! Other Monkey Bar Gym locations: Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Moorpark, CA; Detroit, MI; Washington, DC; Staten Island, NY; Darwin, Australia; Montreal, Canada, Missoula, MT and Oklahoma City, OK. Follow Monkey Bar Gymnasium | Milwaukee on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available