Pink Hair Extensions “Extend Awareness” for Breast Cancer
Dawn Panfil, owner of Hair and Body Solutions salon and spa has once again partnered with Aurora Health Care for the fifth year, to sell pink hair extensions during the month of October, breast cancer awareness month.
Hair and Body Solutions will sell and install the extensions Sept. 15th through October 31st to raise money for breast cancer awareness.
The “pink possible” hair extensions are $15.00 per extension and ALL proceeds will be donated to the Aurora Breast Health Fund. Three styles of extensions are available this year.
Participants can choose the traditional pink or fuschia human hair extension that can be clipped in or attached more permanently. New this year, the trendy feather-style hair extension in pink is available in limited quantities.
Dawn Panfil said, “We encourage everyone to "Extend Awareness", and show their true colors. Pink hair opens dialogue to remind women to get mammograms and helps us show our support and honor women warriors. . We know for a fact that mammograms SAVE LIVES! So let's "pink possible" and remind those we love to see their doctor and get their mammograms. We will offer our “pink possible” hair extensions through the month of October, with all proceeds benefiting Aurora Breast Health funds supporting education, prevention and survivorship right here in our community.”
Dawn added, “This fundraiser was a huge hit the past 5 years, raising over $240,000 for women with breast cancer who are uninsured or under-insured for BC Treatments from time of diagnosis and beyond with living well programs. Twelve salons in SE Wisconsin from Oshkosh to Kenosha will be participating in 2013, including Waukesha County Tech College and Alverno College, local corporations hosting in-house events and moreOnce again, Panera Bread & Café is donating ten cents to the Aurora Breast Health Fund for each pink ribbon Bagel sold during the month of October.
Hair and Body Solutions is a full service salon and day spa with services for men and women. They are located at 15440 West Beloit Road New Berlin in the Moorland Commons in New Berlin.
Owned and operated by Dawn Panfil, a breast cancer survivor, who wants to inspire and serve others as she moves forward in her life with an even greater sense of purpose as a Breast Cancer Crusader. On Facebook at: Hair and Body Solutions Salon and Spa.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential