Feel better. Be in control. Do the things you want to do. All of this is possible to accomplish even if you suffer from one or many chronic health conditions.
The West Allis Health Department along with the West Allis Senior Center is proud to offer "Living Well with Chronic Conditions." This is a six-week workshop that meets once a week for two and one half hours.
If you have conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic pain, anxiety, and headaches, the Living Well Workshop can help you take charge of your life.
Some of the goals of the Workshop are to help get the support you need; find practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue; discover better nutrition and exercise choices; understand new treatment choices; and learn how to communicate better with your doctor and family about your health.
Plan to join us on Wednesdays October 9, 16, 23, 30 and November 6 and 13 from 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. at the West Allis Senior Center, 7001 W. National Avenue for this life-changing Workshop. The cost is FREE!!!!! You do not need to be a member of the senior center to register. ANYONE with a chronic condition is welcome. To register, please call the West Allis Senior Center at 414-302-8700. We look forward to meeting you!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class