Feel better. Be in control. Do the things you want to do. All of this is possible to accomplish even if you suffer from one or many chronic health conditions.
The West Allis Health Department along with the West Allis Senior Center is proud to offer "Living Well with Chronic Conditions." This is a six-week workshop that meets once a week for two and one half hours.
If you have conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic pain, anxiety, and headaches, the Living Well Workshop can help you take charge of your life.
Some of the goals of the Workshop are to help get the support you need; find practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue; discover better nutrition and exercise choices; understand new treatment choices; and learn how to communicate better with your doctor and family about your health.
Plan to join us on Wednesdays October 9, 16, 23, 30 and November 6 and 13 from 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. at the West Allis Senior Center, 7001 W. National Avenue for this life-changing Workshop. The cost is FREE!!!!! You do not need to be a member of the senior center to register. ANYONE with a chronic condition is welcome. To register, please call the West Allis Senior Center at 414-302-8700. We look forward to meeting you!
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids