S.J. Janis Company, Inc., a full-service design/build remodeling firm in Wauwatosa, will offer a remodeling seminar Tues., Oct. 29, at 6:30 p.m. in Room 15 at the Lydell Community Center, 5205 N. Lydell Ave., Whitefish Bay, titled “Love It or List It in the North Shore.”
Inspired by the hit HGTV show "Love It or List It," this one night presentation will help educate homeowners on whether to renovate their home to accommodate their changing needs, to buy a new home that is move-in ready, or buy a home with greater potential and renovate to meet specific needs.
Nathan Wachtl, S.J. Janis Company senior design consultant, and Essam Elsafy of Shorewest Realtors, will provide an interactive presentation exploring market trends, values, remodeled home case studies and associated costs for actual desired North Shore properties.
Seminar attendees are encouraged to bring pictures of their home to discuss ideas at the end of the presentation and investigate if they should “Love It or List It.”
Wachtl earned a bachelor’s degree in Architectural Studies in 2001 and a Master of Architecture degree in Architectural Studies in 2004, both from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has more than10 years of architectural design and project management experience, with a focus on client relationships and innovative design.
There will also be a variety of giveaways during the evening, including…
• Kohler Moxi Showerhead and Wireless Speaker, $150 value, courtesy of the Kohler Co.
• Cutlery Drawer Insert, $65 value, courtesy of Plato Woodwork
• 32” LED TV, $260 value, courtesy of American TV & Appliance
• Three-Hour Interior Design Consultation, $300 value, courtesy of Diane Nelson Interiors
• Four-Hour Handyman Service Certificate, $300 value, courtesy S.J. Janis Company
• Complimentary Design Service Certificate, $1,000 value, courtesy S.J. Janis Company
The seminar cost is $5, and reservations are required by Tues. Oct. 15. Call S.J. Janis at 414-259-0300, the Lydell Community Center at 414-963-3947, or register online at www.wfbschools.com/recreation/recreationguidereginfo.cfm and enter course code 291000 A1.
S.J. Janis Company, with three Certified Professionals on staff, is a member of several home improvement associations, including the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, National Kitchen & Bath Association, and the Metropolitan Builders Association.
In addition, the company is a member of GuildQuality, an independent third-party company that interviews every client about his or her remodeling experience throughout the building process and provides immediate results to the Guild member. S.J. Janis is recognized as a “Guildmaster with the Highest Distinction” by the organization and is Milwaukee’s highest rated Remodeler by Guild Quality for Customer Service.
For the 24th consecutive year, the S.J. Janis Company was a recipient of Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards from the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, the only company to be so recognized in each year of the award competition. Awards garnered in the 2012 competition were a Gold Award in the Residential Interior Over $100,000 category, and Silver Awards in the Residential Bath Over $60,000 and Residential Kitchen $80,000 - $120,000 categories.
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Performer Steve Girman at the Wauwatosa Public Library
- Marquette student from Menomonee Falls "Plays it forward" in support of Youth Sports Camp
- Taiwan Excellence Comes to Summerfest
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin Celebrate Project SEARCH Completion Ceremony for Adults With Disabilities
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Bessie Turns 100!
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark