October 6th Event Benefits Community Outreach and Education Programs for Parkinson’s Disease
The fifth annual Moving Forward: Ride/Walk for Parkinson’s disease will be held Sunday, October 6, in Dousman, Wis. Proceeds from this annual fundraiser benefit programs through the Parkinson’s and Movement Disorder Program at Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin, and the American Parkinson Disease Association Wisconsin Chapter. Those programs benefit both patients and families with education and support, community exercise programs and research.
Registration includes the ride or walk, lunch, kids’ fun area, a silent auction, a raffle and Moving Forward T-shirt. Bicyclists choose a 30-mile ride or a 10-mile ride. Walkers choose among three walks ranging from one mile to a 5K.
An estimated 1.5 million people in the United States are living with Parkinson’s disease. Dedicated to improving the quality of life for people facing the challenge of Parkinson’s, Froedtert & the Medical College offers the region’s broadest range of care options for patients with Parkinson’s and their families. Fellowship-trained, Parkinson’s-specialized physicians have decades of experience and perform leading-edge research to develop new approaches to care. Froedtert & the Medical College is among a handful of centers nationwide to offer deep brain stimulation (DBS) which provides relief from debilitating symptoms of Parkinson’s.
The American Parkinson’s Disease Association in southeastern Wisconsin offers innovative programs including respite, rowing, boxing, zumba, and “Engage.”
Moving Forward is held at Cory Park, 140 S. Main St., Dousman, Wis. 53118, located south of I-94 and Delafield Rd. in the Kettle Moraine State Forest. Registration for cyclists is $45, for individual walkers $20 and for a family of walkers $40. To register, visit. http://adpaparkinson.donordrive.com/event/MovingForward2013.
Maps, volunteer, team and sponsor information, start times and an opportunity to donate are also on the site. You may also call Laura Kurth at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Neurosciences Center at 414-805-5223.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde