Thomas C. Chelimsky, MD, chairman and professor of neurology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been named the president of the American Autonomic Society. The American Autonomic Society was established to bring together individuals from diverse disciplines who share an interest in the structure and function of the autonomic nervous system and in the pathology, treatment, and prevention of its disorders. Dr. Chelimsky practices at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. Chelimsky joined the MCW faculty in 2011. An accomplished clinician and researcher, Dr. Chelimsky received his undergraduate degree from Harvard University and his medical degree from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He completed residencies in internal medicine and neurology, as well a fellowship in autonomic research, at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
Dr. Chelimsky’s research focuses on the relationship between chronic pain and autonomic nervous system abnormalities. His funding from NIH focuses on pelvic pain in adults. He also investigates functional gastrointestinal disorders in children with his wife, Dr Gisela Chelimsky. He has published dozens of articles and has made many scientific and clinical presentations to regional and national colleagues.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?