Thomas C. Chelimsky, MD, chairman and professor of neurology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been named the president of the American Autonomic Society. The American Autonomic Society was established to bring together individuals from diverse disciplines who share an interest in the structure and function of the autonomic nervous system and in the pathology, treatment, and prevention of its disorders. Dr. Chelimsky practices at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. Chelimsky joined the MCW faculty in 2011. An accomplished clinician and researcher, Dr. Chelimsky received his undergraduate degree from Harvard University and his medical degree from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He completed residencies in internal medicine and neurology, as well a fellowship in autonomic research, at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
Dr. Chelimsky’s research focuses on the relationship between chronic pain and autonomic nervous system abnormalities. His funding from NIH focuses on pelvic pain in adults. He also investigates functional gastrointestinal disorders in children with his wife, Dr Gisela Chelimsky. He has published dozens of articles and has made many scientific and clinical presentations to regional and national colleagues.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation