Thomas C. Chelimsky, MD, chairman and professor of neurology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been named the president of the American Autonomic Society. The American Autonomic Society was established to bring together individuals from diverse disciplines who share an interest in the structure and function of the autonomic nervous system and in the pathology, treatment, and prevention of its disorders. Dr. Chelimsky practices at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. Chelimsky joined the MCW faculty in 2011. An accomplished clinician and researcher, Dr. Chelimsky received his undergraduate degree from Harvard University and his medical degree from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He completed residencies in internal medicine and neurology, as well a fellowship in autonomic research, at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
Dr. Chelimsky’s research focuses on the relationship between chronic pain and autonomic nervous system abnormalities. His funding from NIH focuses on pelvic pain in adults. He also investigates functional gastrointestinal disorders in children with his wife, Dr Gisela Chelimsky. He has published dozens of articles and has made many scientific and clinical presentations to regional and national colleagues.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals