The Wisconsin chapter of the American College of Physicians named Kathlyn Fletcher, MD, MA, 2013 Helen Dickie Woman Physician of the Year. The annual award honors an outstanding woman physician with a distinguished career noted by a commitment to patient care and contributions to medical education and research.
Dr. Fletcher is an associate professor of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, and sees patients at the Clement Zablocki VA Medical Center. Before joining the faculty in 2003, she received her medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine in 1996. She completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Chicago Hospitals in 2000, and then went on to earn a master’s degree from the University of Michigan School of Education in 2002 while completing the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program.
Dr. Fletcher’s teaching skills have earned her a number of education awards; most recently, in 2010 she received the “Best Senior Faculty VA Teacher” award. In 2011, she earned the “Department of Medicine Award for Clinical Innovation” for starting the VA Hospitalist service at the Zablocki VA Medical Center.
She serves on a number of national committees, and has authored several dozen peer-reviewed articles.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!