The Wisconsin chapter of the American College of Physicians named Kathlyn Fletcher, MD, MA, 2013 Helen Dickie Woman Physician of the Year. The annual award honors an outstanding woman physician with a distinguished career noted by a commitment to patient care and contributions to medical education and research.
Dr. Fletcher is an associate professor of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, and sees patients at the Clement Zablocki VA Medical Center. Before joining the faculty in 2003, she received her medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine in 1996. She completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Chicago Hospitals in 2000, and then went on to earn a master’s degree from the University of Michigan School of Education in 2002 while completing the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program.
Dr. Fletcher’s teaching skills have earned her a number of education awards; most recently, in 2010 she received the “Best Senior Faculty VA Teacher” award. In 2011, she earned the “Department of Medicine Award for Clinical Innovation” for starting the VA Hospitalist service at the Zablocki VA Medical Center.
She serves on a number of national committees, and has authored several dozen peer-reviewed articles.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study
- Playworks Wisconsin Staff Receives National Award
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Harwood Place Little Free Library
- The role of microRNA’s in high blood pressure