The Wisconsin chapter of the American College of Physicians named Kathlyn Fletcher, MD, MA, 2013 Helen Dickie Woman Physician of the Year. The annual award honors an outstanding woman physician with a distinguished career noted by a commitment to patient care and contributions to medical education and research.
Dr. Fletcher is an associate professor of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, and sees patients at the Clement Zablocki VA Medical Center. Before joining the faculty in 2003, she received her medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine in 1996. She completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Chicago Hospitals in 2000, and then went on to earn a master’s degree from the University of Michigan School of Education in 2002 while completing the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program.
Dr. Fletcher’s teaching skills have earned her a number of education awards; most recently, in 2010 she received the “Best Senior Faculty VA Teacher” award. In 2011, she earned the “Department of Medicine Award for Clinical Innovation” for starting the VA Hospitalist service at the Zablocki VA Medical Center.
She serves on a number of national committees, and has authored several dozen peer-reviewed articles.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder