Wisconsin Harley-Davidson and the Rock River H.O.G. Chapter will hold the 19th annual “Ridin’ to a Cure” on September 27 and 28 in Oconomowoc. Proceeds from this fundraiser will benefit the Rock River Cancer Research Foundation, which supports breast cancer research at the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
The festivities will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, September 27 with a survivor’s ride and a pre-registration party at the Olympia Resort and Conference Center. The following morning, from 8:45 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., bikers will leave every 15 minutes from Wisconsin Harley Davidson in Oconomowoc to ride a scenic 50- to 70--mile route through the Kettle Moraine area. The route will end at the Olympia Resort where a post-ride celebration event featuring speakers, a live auction, live entertainment, food and beverages, will take place from 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Participants must pledge a minimum of $40 to ride. Everyone who contributes at least $40 in pledges will receive a commemorative Betty Boop bandana.
“We are a dedicated to funding relevant and innovative breast cancer research that will improve treatment methods and outcomes for breast cancer survivors,” said Debbie Gast, President of the Rock River Cancer Research Foundation. “We are truly grateful to our sponsors, Wisconsin Harley-Davidson and the Rock River H.O.G. Chapter members who devote many hours to make this event a success each year.”
Since 1995, this organization has donated more than $1.9 million to the MCW Cancer Center.
Wisconsin Harley Davidson is located at 1280 Blue Ribbon Drive in Oconomowoc. The Olympia Resort & Conference Center is located at 1350 Royale Mile Road Oconomowoc. Information and registration details can be found at http://www.ridintoacure.com/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22