Catharine Malmsten, MD, assistant professor of medicine (cardiovascular medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was named a “Top Healthcare Professional Under 40” at the National Medical Association’s (NMA) annual conference. Dr. Malmsten is one of 40 physicians nationwide to receive this honor.
Dr. Malmsten, who also serves as the assistant director of Cardiovascular Inpatient Services at Froedtert Hospital, joined the MCW faculty in 2010.
Prior to joining the faculty, Dr. Malmsten conducted a cardiology fellowship at the Medical College, during which she served as chair of the Underrepresented in Medicine Housestaff Committee.
“Being a cardiologist, as a woman of color, is rare, and I am proud to be a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, and to serve my patients,” she said.
Dr. Malmsten completed her residency in general internal medicine at the University of California at Davis in Sacramento, Calif., in 2007. She received her medical degree from the University of California at San Francisco in 2003, and completed a bachelor of arts degree in anthropology at the University of California-Berkeley in 1999.
The NMA promotes the collective interests of physicians and patients of African descent. Its missions are to advance the art and science of medicine for people of African descent through education, advocacy, and health policy to promote health and wellness, to eliminate health disparities, and sustain physician viability.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts