Catharine Malmsten, MD, assistant professor of medicine (cardiovascular medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), was named a “Top Healthcare Professional Under 40” at the National Medical Association’s (NMA) annual conference. Dr. Malmsten is one of 40 physicians nationwide to receive this honor.
Dr. Malmsten, who also serves as the assistant director of Cardiovascular Inpatient Services at Froedtert Hospital, joined the MCW faculty in 2010.
Prior to joining the faculty, Dr. Malmsten conducted a cardiology fellowship at the Medical College, during which she served as chair of the Underrepresented in Medicine Housestaff Committee.
“Being a cardiologist, as a woman of color, is rare, and I am proud to be a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, and to serve my patients,” she said.
Dr. Malmsten completed her residency in general internal medicine at the University of California at Davis in Sacramento, Calif., in 2007. She received her medical degree from the University of California at San Francisco in 2003, and completed a bachelor of arts degree in anthropology at the University of California-Berkeley in 1999.
The NMA promotes the collective interests of physicians and patients of African descent. Its missions are to advance the art and science of medicine for people of African descent through education, advocacy, and health policy to promote health and wellness, to eliminate health disparities, and sustain physician viability.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde