Today at 3:45-3:50PM, I was on my bicycle at the intersection of Main St and Pilgrim Rd when a woman hit me. She stopped and asked if I was okay, and when I said no, she sped away.
I was traveling south on the sidewalk of Pilgrim Rd. I got to the intersection at Main St and waited for the "walk" symbol. I crossed the street and veered left (east) toward the sidewalk on Main St.
A woman with short blonde hair and large sunglasses, driving a dark grey/blue hatchback approached me and did not slow down.
Her car hit my back tire, causing my bike to rotate, and my front tire hit the curb - throwing me off. My right shin hit the curb and is swelled to the point where it looks like I have two or three knees on one leg.
In the heat of the moment, I couldn't clearly make out the color of her car. I couldn't get the make/model either because she drove away too fast - tires squealing and all.
If you recognize this car, or know that she would be driving this route at this time, please help me find her.
I am almost more upset that there were 20+ cars at the intersection and not one person got out and asked if I was okay. I know that if I saw someone on a bicycle get hit by a car, I would stop and at least make sure they are okay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland