Carloads of discarded metal items can be dropped off at UUCW in Brookfield.
Load up your vehicle with broken and unwanted metal items on Saturday, September 14th and bring them to the parking lot of Unitarian Universalist Church West (UUCW) for recycling from 8:00am – 12noon at 13001 West North Avenue in Brookfield, WI.
UUCW has again teamed up with Action Recyclers of Milwaukee for a one-day-only Scrap Metal Recycling Drive to help keep metals out of landfills and raise awareness about the value of recycling. Household items commonly recycled as scrap metal include computers, holiday lights, pans, cords, shovels, grills, cast iron sinks, metal chairs, appliances and much more.
The importance of scrap metal recycling has been highlighted over the past year as Wisconsin has struggled with the environmental impacts of developing new iron mines in the northern part of the state. Scrap metal recycling is a significant and growing source of metals needed for manufacturing, and provides local jobs while protecting our environment. Additionally, because metallic mining is a very energy intensive process, scrap metal recycling conserves our nation’s non-renewable energy supply.
An extensive list of acceptable items for the scrap metal drive can be found on the Action Recyclers website at www.actionrecyclers.net and includes items made of metals such as aluminum, copper, cast iron, sheet iron, unprepared iron, stainless steel and brass as well as computers & laptops, monitors, car batteries and more. There are also prohibited items listed on the website such as light bulbs, alkaline batteries, compressed gas containers and items containing PCBs or asbestos. Propane containers cannot be accepted unless they have been cut in half.
Recyclable metal items can be transported to the church and trained volunteers will be there to load them into a truck for later delivery to Action Recyclers of Milwaukee. Proceeds from the recycling drive will benefit UUCW programs.
For more information on the Scrap Metal Recycling Drive, contact Action Recyclers at (414) 671-5777.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- Lindner Receives the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee Community Leader Award
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- A Nostalgic Afternoon