The Medical College of Wisconsin’s (MCW) department of pathology will sponsor “The Midwestern Conference: Update Course in Surgical Pathology” September 20th – 22nd at the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Milwaukee. The annual conference, now in its sixth year, will bring to Milwaukee more than 100 practicing surgical pathologists, oncologists, and other health care professionals from across the country.
Saul Suster, MD, professor and chairman of pathology at MCW, is the course director. Invited speakers include pathologists representing numerous sub-specialties from MCW as well as guest lecturers from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Bostwick Laboratories, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) and Massachusetts General Hospital.
“Surgical pathology is an evolving field of medicine, and this conference brings together top practitioners in the field to share advances in technology and terminology, learn about new techniques of diagnosis, and evaluate current criteria of diagnosis, so that we are providing patients the most accurate, timely care,” said Dr. Suster.
For more information, contact Patricia Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org / 414-805-8449 / http://www.mcw.edu/pathology/EdActivities/2013-Midwestern-ConferenceCopy.htm.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military