The Medical College of Wisconsin’s (MCW) department of pathology will sponsor “The Midwestern Conference: Update Course in Surgical Pathology” September 20th – 22nd at the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Milwaukee. The annual conference, now in its sixth year, will bring to Milwaukee more than 100 practicing surgical pathologists, oncologists, and other health care professionals from across the country.
Saul Suster, MD, professor and chairman of pathology at MCW, is the course director. Invited speakers include pathologists representing numerous sub-specialties from MCW as well as guest lecturers from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Bostwick Laboratories, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) and Massachusetts General Hospital.
“Surgical pathology is an evolving field of medicine, and this conference brings together top practitioners in the field to share advances in technology and terminology, learn about new techniques of diagnosis, and evaluate current criteria of diagnosis, so that we are providing patients the most accurate, timely care,” said Dr. Suster.
For more information, contact Patricia Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org / 414-805-8449 / http://www.mcw.edu/pathology/EdActivities/2013-Midwestern-ConferenceCopy.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Journey with Jesus, Easter for Kids
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Paul Mitchell the School Milwaukee Takes Part in National Open House Night
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager