The Medical College of Wisconsin’s (MCW) department of pathology will sponsor “The Midwestern Conference: Update Course in Surgical Pathology” September 20th – 22nd at the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Milwaukee. The annual conference, now in its sixth year, will bring to Milwaukee more than 100 practicing surgical pathologists, oncologists, and other health care professionals from across the country.
Saul Suster, MD, professor and chairman of pathology at MCW, is the course director. Invited speakers include pathologists representing numerous sub-specialties from MCW as well as guest lecturers from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Bostwick Laboratories, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) and Massachusetts General Hospital.
“Surgical pathology is an evolving field of medicine, and this conference brings together top practitioners in the field to share advances in technology and terminology, learn about new techniques of diagnosis, and evaluate current criteria of diagnosis, so that we are providing patients the most accurate, timely care,” said Dr. Suster.
For more information, contact Patricia Wolf at email@example.com / 414-805-8449 / http://www.mcw.edu/pathology/EdActivities/2013-Midwestern-ConferenceCopy.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park