Do you have enough life insurance to protect your loved ones?
September’s Life Insurance Awareness Month designed to educate consumers
If you are like most Americans, you believe that life insurance is important. But do you have enough?
According to the LIFE Foundation, 85 percent of Americans say most people need life insurance, yet only 62 percent have coverage themselves. And 33 percent say they don’t have enough.
“There is a gap between understanding the need for life insurance and taking the step to get coverage,” says Taren, a local financial representative for Modern Woodmen of America. “It’s something we don’t like to think about, but it ensures that your loved ones are provided for after your death.”
Funeral costs can easily exceed $10,000, according to the Federal Trade Commission. But Social Security only pays a lump-sum death benefit of $255 to qualifying individuals. Life insurance can provide peace of mind for those left behind. The income tax-free benefit provides cash to families to help pay for funeral and other final expenses, help pay off their mortgage or other debt, and help provide an ongoing income to survivors so they can maintain their way of life.
September is Life Insurance Awareness Month, designed to raise awareness and educate consumers about the importance of life insurance coverage and the financial services representatives trained to help consumers meet their needs. Life insurance organizations and their representatives observe the occasion by providing information and activities regarding the role of life insurance in a sound financial plan.
“September is a perfect time to re-evaluate your personal situation,” says Sartler. “This is what a financial representative does – helps you decide on the appropriate amount of coverage to meet your specific needs.”
Modern Woodmen members and others can find life insurance information and planning calculators online at www.modern-woodmen.org. Or, contact Sartler at 414-975-7419 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free life insurance analysis with no obligation.
Founded in 1883, Modern Woodmen of America touches lives and secures futures. The fraternal financial services organization offers financial services and fraternal member benefits to individuals and families throughout the United States.
– end –
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective
- Science Students Learn with Depth and Complexity
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Explain How Technology in Faucets and Showerheads Expand Consumer Options
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients