The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has named William J. Hueston, MD, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and professor of family and community medicine. Dr. Hueston’s appointment was made by Joseph E. Kerschner, MD, MCW’s Executive Vice President and Dean of the Medical School.
As Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Dr. Hueston is charged with providing vision and leadership in the recruitment, admissions, education and graduation of medical students, as well as MCW’s continuing medical education programs. He also will coordinate integration of MCW’s new community-based medical education programs in Green Bay and Central Wisconsin with the existing campus in Milwaukee, and in identifying collaborations with MCW’ s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
“Dr. Hueston is a passionate educator and researcher who also brings a rich knowledge of best practices in community medical education. His experience and enthusiasm will be key factors as we evolve and expand medical education at MCW,” said Dr. Kerschner.
From 1993 to 1997, Dr. Hueston served as Residency Program Director of the Eau Claire Family Medicine Residency Program. Concurrently, he was Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and served as Associate Chair from 1995 to 1997.
Dr. Hueston earned his undergraduate degree from Case Western University in Cleveland, Ohio, 1979. He received his medical degree from the Case Western Reserve School of Medicine in 1983, and then completed a residency in family practice at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, in 1986, and did a fellowship in family practice faculty development at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill in 1992.
Dr. Hueston comes to MCW from the Medical University of South Carolina, where he served as chairman of the department of family medicine from 1997-2012.
Dr. Hueston’s appointment is effective November 1, 2013.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- Hart Park Square celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Milwaukee Backgammon Meetup