The hospice program at an area senior living community has new leadership.
Luther Manor, a nonprofit continuing care retirement community, recently welcomed Milly Desnoyers of New Berlin as the new director of hospice. Luther Manor has about 650 full-time and part-time employees.
Desnoyers has been with Luther Manor as a hospice nurse and also an interim hospice director. She has 30 years of hospice experience.
“She brings a wealth of experience, knowledge and compassion,” said Director of Human Resources Katie Tillmar. “We are so pleased that Milly is now a permanent member of our leadership team.”
Desnoyers first became interested in hospice when as a student nurse she was assigned to a 30-year-old cancer patient who was a young mother.
“I was able to support her and her family and help manage her pain,” Milly said. “I felt like what I did actually made a difference in someone’s life and that was where I was meant to be.”
Hospice has continued to be a rewarding calling, she said.
“My goal for the Luther Manor hospice program is to continue to grow participation and provide the best care for residents and families,” she said. “I also want to increase collaboration with staff and work as a team to support residents and families.”
An accredited senior living community, Luther Manor has been caring and advocating for seniors for more than 50 years. In addition to apartment homes, assisted living and long-term care options, Luther Manor offers rehabilitation, adult day and supportive services, hospice care and community outreach programs. For more information, call (414) 464-3880 or visit www.luthermanor.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class