Kalmbach Publishing Company presented for approximately $18,000 for breast cancer research at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) on August 22, 2013.
The funds were raised at the annual Bead&Button Show in Milwaukee, which is the world’s largest consumer bead show and is produced by Kalmbach Publishing Company of Waukesha and Bead&Button magazine. The show featured the Bead Artists Against Breast Cancer silent and live auctions of beads, jewelry, books, and supplies, with 100 percent of the funds raised donated to breast cancer research at MCW.
“Researchers at MCW are making great strides in the fight against breast cancer, and our company is proud to support their efforts. We are fortunate to have this resource in our hometown,” said Charles Croft, president of Kalmbach Publishing.
Since 2006, Kalmbach has donated nearly $130,000 to MCW for breast cancer research.
Photo shows (from left to right): Charles R. Croft, President, Kalmbach Publishing Co.; Marlene D. Vail, Show Manager, Bead&Button Show, Kalmbach Publishing Co.; Ming You, MD, PhD, Director of the MCW Cancer Center; Michael Dwinell, PhD, associate professor of microbiology and molecular genetics at MCW.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parenting Tip: Enjoying a Less Stressful Holiday Season
- Coyote on 72nd Street
- Columbia St. Mary’s Hosting Free Seminar on Advance Directives and Living Wills
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce and the Center for Business Performance Solutions (CBPS) announce December workshop schedule
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2015 – nominations being accepted
- Building a Case for Change on Food Initiatives with the Amani Neighborhood
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: December schedule
- Appliance Gallery Suggests Holiday Appliance Ideas
- Tosa West Orchestra Kindekonzert Sat. Dec. 5th