Daniel J. DeBehnke, MD, MBA, Chief Clinical Integration Officer at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and professor of emergency medicine, has been named Chief Executive Officer of Medical College Physicians Group (MCP) and Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs – Adult Practice. Dr. DeBehnke’s appointment was made by Joseph E. Kerschner, MD, MCW’s Executive Vice President and Dean of the Medical School.
MCP represents more than 1,200 physicians and providers in approximately 37 specialties who practice at Froedtert Hospital, Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin clinics, the Zablocki VA Medical Center, and other hospitals in southeastern Wisconsin, and generated approximately $377 million in net patient revenues in fiscal year 2013. The 2013 “Best Doctors in America” database lists 458 MCW physicians (more than any other group practice or institution in Wisconsin), accounting for approximately 44% of the total number of Wisconsin physicians included.
As CEO, Dr. DeBehnke will provide direction for the adult clinical enterprise, including specialty and subspecialty care. A key member of the MCW leadership team, he will foster positive relationships with hospital and community partners, and will be the primary person responsible for potential clinical and business expansion.
In his former role as Chief Clinical Integration Officer, Dr. DeBehnke has been instrumental in shaping relationships among eastern Wisconsin health system partners to develop a regional integrated health care delivery model aimed at achieving high levels of patient care.
Dr. DeBehnke received his medical degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1988 and his MBA from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst in 2012. He joined the MCW faculty in 1991 as an assistant professor of emergency medicine.
Dr. DeBehnke has been serving as interim CEO of MCP since March 2013. His permanent appointment is effective September 1, 2013.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WAUMC children, youth to share 'The Case of the Reluctant Innkeeper'
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller