Lung Association celebrates 10th anniversary of walking for those who struggle to breathe
The American Lung Association in Wisconsin will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Fight For Air Walk on Sunday, October 13 at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
“We are walking for those who might not be able to walk themselves due to lung disease, and we are walking in celebration of those who have beaten lung disease,” said Sue Swan, Executive Director of the Lung Association.
The annual 5K walk takes participants through the beautiful grounds of the Milwaukee County Zoo. Registration is free and includes admission to the zoo, however personal fundraising is strongly encouraged.
Lung disease affects nearly three quarters of a million Wisconsin residents. Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths; COPD is on the rise with women and asthma is the leading cause of school absenteeism. Funds raised at the Walk support the Lung Association’s programs, research and advocacy efforts.
Participants are invited to walk individually or as part of a team. On-line registration is available at www.fightforairwalk.org.
Roundy’s is this year’s Walk’s Gold Sponsor; CW18 and MY24 are the official media sponsors.
About the American Lung Association in Wisconsin: Our mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease. With your generous support, the American Lung Association is "Fighting for Air" through research, education and advocacy. For more information about the American Lung Association or to support the work it does, call 1-800-LUNG-USA (1-800-586-4872) or visit www.LungWI.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller
- Dr. Matthew Hunsaker Named Campus Dean for Medical College of Wisconsin–Green Bay
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success