The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) will host a one-day workshop on autonomic disorders on Friday, September, 6, 2013, at the Sheraton Brookfield in Brookfield, Wis. The conference is expected to attract primary care practitioners, neurologists, and allied health care professionals.
The autonomic part of the nervous system is that which controls involuntary actions such as the beating of your heart and the widening or shrinking of blood vessels. Patients with an autonomic disorder can see a dozen doctors over several years before receiving a diagnosis.
The workshop, which will include a rotating practicum with patients with autonomic disorders, includes keynotes from lead neurologists at MCW, as well as visiting specialists.
“The title of the workshop is ‘Faints, sweats and leaks’ because all those symptoms can occur in these patients— blood pressure, sweat glands and bladder function can all be impacted by these disorders, and it can be frightening to patients who have no idea what’s wrong with them, and often leaves their care team puzzled,” said Thomas Chelimsky, M.D., professor and chairman of neurology at MCW. “This workshop aims to arm those care teams with the newest information about autonomic disorders and how to identify and treat them.”
For more information, visit http://ocpe.mcw.edu/neuro/content/autonomicworkshop. email Vicki Conte at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 805-8326.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Announcing Wisconsin Massage Clinic Open House
- BBB's 10 Tips for Safe Online Shopping On Cyber Monday
- IndependenceFirst Milwaukee Heat “Big Cheese Classic” wheelchair basketball tourney
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday