The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) will host a one-day workshop on autonomic disorders on Friday, September, 6, 2013, at the Sheraton Brookfield in Brookfield, Wis. The conference is expected to attract primary care practitioners, neurologists, and allied health care professionals.
The autonomic part of the nervous system is that which controls involuntary actions such as the beating of your heart and the widening or shrinking of blood vessels. Patients with an autonomic disorder can see a dozen doctors over several years before receiving a diagnosis.
The workshop, which will include a rotating practicum with patients with autonomic disorders, includes keynotes from lead neurologists at MCW, as well as visiting specialists.
“The title of the workshop is ‘Faints, sweats and leaks’ because all those symptoms can occur in these patients— blood pressure, sweat glands and bladder function can all be impacted by these disorders, and it can be frightening to patients who have no idea what’s wrong with them, and often leaves their care team puzzled,” said Thomas Chelimsky, M.D., professor and chairman of neurology at MCW. “This workshop aims to arm those care teams with the newest information about autonomic disorders and how to identify and treat them.”
For more information, visit http://ocpe.mcw.edu/neuro/content/autonomicworkshop. email Vicki Conte at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 805-8326.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- "WEIRD ANIMALS" Come to Vacation Bible School
- Milwaukee/NARI Shares Tips For Outdoor Living Spaces
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Researchers to explore new treatments for pancreatic cancer
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Boatshed Lake Michigan Sponsors SUPA athletes support boat to cross Lake Michigan