Brookfield, Wis. – Raising a portion of the money through pledges tied to “burpees,” a challenging squat-thrust-jump exercise, Fitness Revolution Brookfield has donated more than $1,100 to Safe Babies Healthy Families of Waukesha.
The Brookfield fitness center, 675 N. Brookfield Road, donated $1,108 to Safe Babies Healthy Families as part of a national “Revolution for a Cause” campaign at dozens of Fitness Revolution locations across the U.S. The amount exceeded a stated goal of $1,000, reflecting the hard work and generosity of owner Jeremy Belter and his clients.
“I’m absolutely thrilled at the energy, dedication and heart that our participants put into this effort,” said Belter, who opened Fitness Revolution Brookfield in 2012. “Everyone on our team pulled together and can take great pride in raising this money to help young women and children in our community. We had a lot of fun, too!”
The final donation amount was compiled from several sources. Among the activities was “Burpees for a Cause,” where Belter and his clients received pledges for doing as many burpees as they could for 90 seconds. Repetitions for pushing a weighted sled were also included. The strenuous, sweaty challenge was wildly popular.
Belter donated money for every new client signed up between May 6 and June 30, and for each free cookbook and smoothie recipe book downloaded at http://www.fitnessrevolutionbrookfield.com/fitness-revolution-brookfield-wisconsin-for-a-cause/. Finally, a client party raised additional money.
Fitness Revolution Brookfield offers a complete, guaranteed indoor fitness program where participants speed up their metabolism, shed fat and improve overall physical performance. Its program uses 20- and 30-minute sessions just three times a week.
Safe Babies Healthy Families provides education and resources for young women, often defined as “at-risk,” to help them become supportive, self-sufficient parents. Its goal is to break the cycle of abuse and neglect that repeats across generations, by teaching the young mothers parenting skills and how to avoid the abusive behavior that most experienced themselves as children.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" – Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Children's Audition Notice for Milwaukee Rep's 2014/15 production THE COLOR PURPLE
- Stuff the Truck for Independence
- Spring Concert "Stars" featuring Julia Simpson
- Cudahy Home to be on Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Three Wauwatosa Homes to be Part of Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- United for Libraries to present Public Service Award to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- MCW to Host Diabetes Symposium
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event