Max Hawthorn, age 16 and a Junior at Wauwatosa East HS, is working towards returning something to a Early Childhood Special Ed program at Wauwatosa's Underwood School, Max was a student in this same program when he was 3 years old. As a small child at Underwood, Max remembers wearing a weighted vest to help him with his attention and focus. Now Max is a member of Boy Scout Troop 21 and has designed his Eagle Scout service project to raise funds to purchase additional vests for the same Underwood School program, and for the same teacher, Nancy Lovelace, that helped him 13 years ago! Max has been collecting donated bedroom furniture, bikes, books, tools, toys, and various other furniture and other non-clothing items; and will sell it all at a rummage sale August 16 & 17. All proceeds from the sale will purchase additional vests for the children in the Underwood School Early Childhood Special Ed program. The sale will be held 8am-5pm at 7100 Maple Terrace, Wauwatosa; Friday and Saturday. Stop by and help Max support this valuable children's program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- Tree lighting ceremony to take place at Luther Manor
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Little Library Creator Writes Novel
- Wauwatosa Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre’s “Advent of Redemption"
- Martin's 'Morning Star' focus of WAUMC Christmas cantata
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir to Present Christmas Concerts